Before succumbing to the Great Depression, the Adam Schaaf piano company had been building high-quality pianos in Chicago since 1873. We had the pleasure of re-building this 1896 piano in 2018.
No matter how finely crafted a piano is, time takes its toll. So there was quite a bit of work to do to get this unique piano back to like-new condition. Here are a few of the tasks we performed to restore this piano:
- Replaced tuning pins, bass and treble strings
- Reconditioned the original shanks, flanges and whippens
- Installed new hammers
- Repaired and refinished the original soundboard and bridges
- Buffed all original hardware to shine and remove tarnish
- Reconditioned the original finish